BH (Before Hunter): Hayley was always dressed in a perfectly matching little outfit. Her hair was combed neatly into pigtails (the ponytails we put in her hair usually even matched her outfit for that day!) And she would either sit in her stroller or walk closely next to Mommy as we shopped in the mall.
AH (After Hunter): OK, here's the scene at EP Mall the other day. We were down in Gap Kids doing some shopping when little Hunter woke up & decided he was hungry RIGHT NOW. So, Mommy picked Hunter up to try to keep him happy until we made it to the women's lounge in VonMaur to feed him. Here's the 3 of us racing through VonMaur... I'm carrying Hunter in one arm and shhh-ing him to try to keep him from screaming while also trying to maneuver this huge double stroller through the aisles with my other hand. Meanwhile, Hayley is tagging far behind so I'm trying to tell her to hurry up because we're looking for a "hidden treasure" (that's all I could think of to get her to speed up & not lag too far behind). Her hair is scraggly & greasy-looking because we got sunscreen in it that morning, her dress (she dresses herself now & is INSISTENT on what she wear each day) is too big so one of the straps is falling off revealing half her chest & she's running barefoot through the store because as we were hurrying on our "treasure hunt" her flip flops (the ones that are too big because I got them on clearance last year) kept falling off so she had to toss them into the bottom of the stroller. My, how our life has changed! :)
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is a great story! I wish there was a picture to go along with it, but I can imagine it vividly. And I am so glad I am not the only one with a street kid-looking toddler - messy hair, breakfast still on the face at dinnertime, dorky clothes... all I can say for Sammy is thank goodness for short hair and baseball caps!!! :)
This story made me laugh out loud! I can just imagine the scene and I really love your creativity with the "hidden treasure".
Love ya guys!!
~Chandra
Post a Comment